How thick is the Material Nibbler Cutter can cut?
The answer depends on the grade, and type of material being used.
* For Mild Steel it is 1.6mm (or 16 SWG)
* For Brass, Aluminium, Plastic it is 2.0mm (or 14 SWG) we also recommend a specific punch and die are kept for Aluminium work.
* For Stainless Steel it is 1.0mm Maximum (or 20 SWG) and we recommend a specific punch and die are kept for Stainless Steel work.
* Always apply a lubricant such as WD40 or light oil along the path of cut.
Do i need bench Nibbler Cutter mounting clamps To use the straight and circle cutting attachment?
For smaller and non fixed pieces of material, it is much easier to cut a circle or straight line with your Nibble bench mounted so you can used your hands to guide the material.
However if you are cutting a fixed panel, it can easily perform this function without the use of bench clamps as the panel is static.
What sort of drill will i need to run my Nibble?
Any Power drill, electric or air with a 9mm chuck capacity and a speed range of 1,500 to 2,500 RPM.
For full use of our Bench Mounting Clamps and the One Handed Attachment, the collar of your drill needs to measure 43mm in diameter.
* 1500 RPM is the recommended cutting speed for Stainless Steel.
* 2500 RPM is recommended for Mild Steel, Aluminium and Plastic.
What can i do with it?
Your Nibble is ready for action, and will cut both corrugated and flat sheet metals. It will also cut plastics, Formica, chicken wire, even paper and cardboard, plus rounded and tubular sections of material.
It will cut in straight lines, and in curves with a radius as small as 8mm (5/16″) without distortion and leaving no sharp jagged edges.
Its index-able cutting head (Die) will adjust through 360 degrees quickly for different applications and access, without the need to dismantle the whole tool.